I’m addicted to sugar. And I mean just that — addicted.
I can pass up a glass of wine or a a tall, cold martini, but if I were in the throes of a serious sugar craving, I’d probably step over my first born child to get to the candy corn.
So anytime I can find a healthy way to satisfy my craving for sweet, I share it.
The trick is to be prepared.
Always, always have Stevia on hand. (You can grow it, but it is not as easy to process as some say. And you can purchase it in handy droplets.)
And something citrus, like lemon, lime, calamandron, mandarin or orange.
Finally, keep handy a good flavor essence, such as vanilla or lemon or coconut extract on hand.
DREAMY PLANTAIN & AVACADO TREAT
Into a large bowl, toss:
- One large, sweet Plantain, or two medium Bananas, finely chopped
- Add finely cubed, ripe Avacado, about 1/3 of the amount of your Plantains
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add drops or packets of Stevia, to taste
- Squeeze in 1/4 of a lemon, checking to see that it isn’t making your dish too tart
- Mix all the above ingredients up, tossing well to fully coat with sweet, sour and vanilla
- Spoon into a dish and douse with Coconut Milk
- Garnish (not shown) with some fresh mint
Exchange Lemon for Lime, or Mandarin or any citrus of your choice.
Exchange Vanilla Extract for Lemon Extract for a really lemony taste… plus add some pretty zest!
For kids, blend everything together and spoon into individual dishes.
Chill, and then sprinkle with Coconut Flakes.
Voila! Banana/Avacado Pudding!