Taro Root has a surprisingly creamy, buttery taste on it’s own.
So when you do add some zip, it’s even better.
Taro is an interesting and different alternative to the white potato, plus, it’s easier on your blood sugar load.
To Prepare Creamy, Spicy Taro
- Peel 4 good sized taro roots
- Cut them into chunks
- Cover with water, about an inch
- Toss in a full tablespoon of fresh, or dried, rosemary
- Add a teaspoon of hot red pepper flakes
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the pot
- Boil together as you would potatoes, about 20 minutes, or until you can pierce a chuck with a fork.
- Drain away the water and don’t worry that much of the Rosemary and Pepper Flakes will wash away. Enough will remain.
- Stir in a spoonful of Earth Balance butter substitute
TIP: This would be easily just as yummy with Fresh Parsley, but tossed in at the end, after the boiling is done. I would use about 1/4 cup.