It’s neither too sweet, nor too hot, but just right.
Need I say more?
Heat 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil in a large frying pan.
- Sear 4 pieces of your favorite chicken cuts, skin side down, until brown
- Add 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground or chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped medium-sweet plantain (skins are yellow, not black)
- 1/cup light coconut milk or regular
- 1/4 cup any favorite liquid Adobo sauce (see photo of mine, but use any brand you like.)
- 1/3 cup water
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes. Add water if sauce gets too thick.
Serve on a platter with Quinoa/Rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
TIP: If I had thought of it in time, I would have added some pan roasted cashews, or peanuts.